Table of Contents
Do you want to change the thickness of a stroke in Illustrator?
When working within Adobe Illustrator, you'll find yourself using strokes all the time.
Strokes (or lines) are a great way to add an extra layer of detail to a project, so, knowing how to work with strokes is very important.
In this mini tutorial, we will cover the basics of adding a stroke and changing a stroke's width in Illustrator.
Here's how to do it:
Saving a New Swatch
- Open your Illustrator project file
- Select or create a stroke or stroked object
- Open the Stroke panel (Window > Stoke), and adjust the stroke Weight up or down as desired
- From the Tools Panel (on the left), select the Width Tool (Shortcut W)
- With the stroke highlighted in the Document window (main working area), click-and-drag any point along the stroke to increase or decrease just one section of the stroke thickness.