Table of Contents
Need to crop an image in Illustrator?
While Illustrator is not usually the best choice for working with raster-based images, there are still many reasons why you may need to crop an image inside your Illustrator project. Fortunately, Adobe has made the process quite easy.
Here's how to do it:
- Open your Illustrator project
- From the top menu select File > Place and choose the image you want to crop
- Right-click on the image and choose Crop Image from the context menu.
- Enter your new values in the Tool Options menu and click Apply
- Or click-and-drag the corners of the dashed crop window and click Enter